Monday, January 17, 2011

I feel so CHEATED on!

Okay, one thing about me is buying from impulse without THINKING first.

If you read my recent post, you know I bought from Sephora's Private 2-day event which was their new Hello Kitty beauty products.  I bought their Hello Kitty brush set which was $49.  I was pretty happy and felt satisfied having a set of brushes and a Hello Kitty container for $49. 

But then...
I was browsing around Forever 21's website and found something that caught my eyes.  It looked a little bit similar to something that I recently bought and I had to compare them.  What caught my eyes?
THIS BRUSH SET
and YES look at the price of those!!!  ONLY $3.80!

OMG I FELT SO CHEATED ON!


Immediately I took my new Hello Kitty brush set out to compare.  As you can see, they look quite similar.  Pink and silver handle, white and pink brush, and exactly five brushes in each.  The only difference is THREE of the brushes are not the same and the ones I bought have a Hello Kitty print on them. 
I'm not saying that they are the same brushes but they look SO SIMILAR!  Do you not agree?!?!  Maybe I'll order the ones on Forever21 just to compare and contrast between the two.  BUT UGH! I just feel so cheated on that I had to blog about it. 
Up close photos of my Hello Kitty brushes

Now I have not used these brushes to know if they work well but I would really want to buy the ones from Forever 21 just to compare the two sets.




Is it just me or are these Hello Kitty Brush Set a little TOO expensive for $49?! 
I could have gotten a Naked Palette or nice worth-while Sigma Brushes!  LOL!



 

Also got cheated from Rock and Republic as well!

Now I've heard many good review about R&R's blushes but I also wanted to try something different too.  So I decided I would get one blush and one bronzer/highlighter.  I've seen how big the blushes look and after looking at the photo on their website (NOT READING-which I always should do) I thought hmmm the bronzer/highlighter will probably be that big as well and only $45 (also their 50% cosmetic discount and $25 reward credit which would make it even MORE cheaper).

Okay, without reading doesn't the bronzer/highlighter look just as big as the blushes???
Did you notice what I didn't notice (when you read the side)?

Now here is what I received in the mail.

 You notice it again in this photo?  (huh...so sad) :'(






It was only a bronzer/highlighter REFILL!  I guess I should have read and thought about it before impulse buying.  But I think if it's only a refill they should not deceive customers and put a whole photo of the bronzer/highlighter.  IT'S VERY DECEIVING!  Also 45 bucks on a refill bronzer/highlighter is pretty expensive.  Luckly, I got discounts for it. 

Hopefully, I learned my lesson. :)

*SORRY FOR ALL THE ANGER! LOL!  I JUST NEEDED TO VENT IT OUT.  LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AS WELL AND IF YOU'VE TRIED EITHER THE BRUSHES OR R&R BRONZER/HIGHLIGHTER LET ME KNOW IF IT IS WORTH ALL THE MONEY I SPENT.

19 comments:

  1. OMG! I wouldn't spend that much on a refill! OMG!!! Seriously! I'm with you on this one. I didn't pay for all those products but that's so much money! :O

    You better start perusing, Pammy! lol. I have to say, I bet the brushes came from the same manufacturer and Hello Kitty just branded them. They look sooo similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I KNOW! I'm SO SAD! It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who thinks I got cheated on. LOL! I think I gotta stop shopping online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have some of those Forever 21 brushes and they're pretty good. I carry them in my purse because they're nice and small :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :O I would be really annoyed if a re-fil came in the post!! I feel for you :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Now you learned you lesson! haha, always read before you buy! Pictures are decieving! I can't believe that Forever21 had those brushes for only $3.80! Major rip off, although I love hello kitty! It's okay, we live and learn! :) I like this blog post a lot! Good Job!!

    Your big sis,
    Patt<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I would never spend that much on a refill either and although the brushes look similar i'm sure the quality is different..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at those brushes you can't help but wonder how many brushes are made exactly the same but we pay more for b/c of the name imprinted on the side. I don't blame you for being annoyed in either situation..expensive lesson but thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sucks about the brushes! I'm sure the quality is different though because the Sephora brand brushes are usually really good.

    Well please check out my blog if you get a chance -- I am currently hosting an Urban Decay Naked Palette giveaway!

    http://www.lipglossloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prettyinthedesert: Oh really? Maybe I'll have to order them just to compare if there is a difference.

    Aintthatpretty: Thank you, really appreciate your comment. I am quite sad.

    Patt: Thanks BIG SIS! Thanks for always coming by to comment on my post. I know your always here for me.

    Cindy Yang Lee: I sure hope there is a difference in the quality. Thanks for stopping by.

    Tracy: Yes, I totally agree with you. Sad to know name brands are so expensive.

    Kelly: Oh?! It's so good to hear that! Thanks for coming by page. I will definately come by to check your giveaway. Oh generous of you to be giving a Naked Palette away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive actually gotten good quality cosmetics at f21 for cheap prices. I think your brushes are probably better but are they $45 better? I dont know!

    Im sorry about the refill what a dirty trick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! Seems like printing the hello kitty label made that brush expensive... and yea, definitely buy the ones from F21 just to compare :)

    <3 hazel
    http://thethriftycloset.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. the hello kitty brush set is amazing, it looks so cute!! it's a pity we doesn't have this in France.. i really hope it will be released over here^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Toesthattwinkle: Yeah, that's what I was thinking too and I don't think they are worth that much. Maybe I shall try F21 brushes.

    Hazel: I agree, just because of a name brand it is way more expensive. Kinda sad.

    Audrey: Thank you, I hope it will too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awe.. its okay.. i remember u saying u LOVE the hello kitty brush set!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great blog , thanks for stopping by I"m so glad my video helped you out !! new follower here good luck on my giveaway too

    ReplyDelete
  16. if you don't mind can you purchase the F21 ones too just to compare?? LOL
    it would SERIOUSLY suck if it was the same quality... at least you can return sephora products...

    the R&R bronzer & highlighter that's unfortunate... only a refill...boo =[

    ReplyDelete
  17. The HK and Forever21 one is truly a rip off. But Sanrio always uses Hello Kitty's image and influence to unnecessarily jack up the prices :/ Be careful next time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. MB: I was happy to get them but I didn't try them yet so I don't know if it works well.

    Curves ahead makeup: Thanks for stopping by my page and following too! It's so nice of you and I do hope I win. LOL

    Steph: YES! I think I will because all of you are telling me to so I can compare. I think I will now.

    "this fashion lark": I agree this Hello Kitty set is beautiful and that's why I got it.

    Mai: Thanks, I will definately TRY (LOL)to be careful. Sometimes I'm such a blonde lol

    ReplyDelete